- The Historian, Elizabeth Kostova – Part mystery, part romance, part historical fiction. This book is EVERYTHING. I’m about 60% through it, and I know I’ll have a major book hangover because I am loving this adventure. This also meets my first Modern Mrs. Darcy Reading Challenge category – A Book You’ve Been Meaning to Read.
- The Golem and the Jinni, Helene Wecker – I’m only a few pages into this one, listening to it on audiobook. I have so many other books I’m reading for a purpose this month that I probably shouldn’t have started The Golem and the Jinni, but I travel for work and wanted something to listen to in the car. I don’t regret it.
- Queen of the Night, Alexander Chee – Reading this for the Shelf by Shelf Back List Book Club.
- The Bear and the Nightingale, Katherine Arden – Reading this for my IRL Book Club (Take a Look, It’s in a Book [Club]). If you’re in Atlanta, and want to join us, let me know!
- Harry’s Trees, Jon Cohen – Reading this for the Modern Mrs. Darcy January Book Club.
- Garden Spells, Sarah Addison Allen – Reading this as a “flight pick” or companion book to Harry’s Trees. This is actually a reread for me, and it’s one of my very most favorite books. It’s just such a lovely story about magical realism and strong women.
- Murder on the Red River, Marcie R. Rendon – Reading this for the first Reading Women Challenge – A Mystery or Thriller by a WOC.
- Furiously Happy, Jenny Lawson – Reading this for the second Reading Women Challenge category – Woman with a Mental Illness.
What are YOU reading this month?