Welp, as usual, I made a plan and didn’t stick to it. Ha!
I wrote about a bunch of challenges I wanted to do for the year in this post, and while I may have stuck to the spirit – none of them really took off.
Let’s check in, shall we?
- Read 52 Books: Still in progress, though not looking good. I’ve read about 11 books this year, though I’m currently almost done with 3.
- 3 Month Shopping Diet: I think the last clothing I bought was for my rehearsal dinner and honeymoon, so this was an unintentional success. I’ve been buying a lot of unnecessary OTHER things though, like books and makeup. So, semi-successful, but not completely.
- 3 Month Capsule Wardrobe: I still want to do this. May start in August?
- Whole30 (Again): Eric and I are committed to a healthier lifestyle. We don’t want to do a full Whole30 month, but we are getting back to meal planning and cutting out most grains, dairy and added sugars. It’s been pretty difficult over the summer, what with ice cream, beer, and cheese burgers around every corner. I’m considering posting my plans to the blog and maybe a few recipes a week? I don’t know. We’ll see.
- 30 Days of Yoga: Nope. Haven’t even touched this one, though I definitely should.
- 30 Days of Meditation: Also nope.
- Training for the Peachtree Road Race: Another semi-success. Between my running schedule and workouts with Kate, I did complete the Peachtree, though it was tough and definitely not my best. I hate running in the summer, and basically stopped around the time we went to the beach in June. I’m signed up for the Triple Peach, which means I have a 10 miler in October and a half marathon on Thanksgiving day, so I better get back at it.
Other recent successes? While I haven’t been writing here, I have been working on a few stories. I don’t know if they’ll ever become novels, but I’m proud of what I’m writing, even if one of them is a super cheesy vampire fantasy.
I’ve also been cooking a lot, and reading about cooking, and reading about spices and meat cuts and knife skills, and basically just learning to be a better home chef. It’s been a blast.
We’re also planning a few home projects over the next month or so. Both of our bathrooms need work due to the shoddy craftsmanship of the previous owners/renovators. We also desperately want to turn our backyard into a place we enjoy spending time. Right now, it’s just sort of…there. We’re throwing ideas together right now, and I hope we get to start making changes in the next few weekends.
So, that’s where life is right now. Eric and I are both super busy, but we’re enjoying it. I was in a funk for a few months, but I feel like I’m out of the fog. I’m feeling reinvigorated, and more creative. I don’t know what that means for this space, if anything, but my goal (hahahahahahaha) is to try to throw some more content up here about what changes we’re making, and what meals we’re planning, what books we’re reading, those sort of things. If I do the capsule wardrobe challenge in August, I’ll post about it here for sure (am I really doing it if no one knows about it??).
Until then, if you’re reading this – thanks! Uh – here’s a photo from our wedding day!